[MPlayer-users] Writing a frontend with slave mode

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 23:44:26 CET 2005

Hi,
On 12/26/05, Ben Nemec <nemebe01 at luther.edu> wrote:
> > http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2005-December/thread.html
> >
> > Apparently, it's been dropped for now. But it would be really great if a
> > bunch of extra easealy parsable messages could be added to make frontend
> > writer's life easier. :-) Not only informational messages
> > (SLAVE_FILE_STARTED=file.mpg, SLAVE_FILE_STOPPED=file.mpg), but also
> > error messages and so on (SLAVE_FILE_NOT_FOUND=file.mpg - even if this
> > sould be checked by the frontend itself before sending the "loadfile"
> > command to mplayer).
>
> Too bad this got dropped.  I for one would have liked to have seen it happen.

Sometimes you have to push things further to make things happen. That
patch as not that bad, and wasn't invasive.
Kiriuja said there were other ways to do it than what the patch was
allowing, which is fine with me, but if you really think you'd prefer
to rely on the information provided by the patch, you're free to
submit an updated version, provided that you explain why it's such a
good patch that we'd rather die than not apply it.

Guillaume
--
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/