[MPlayer-users] Thank you ALL sooo much --- finally everything WORKS !!!

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 18:23:51 CET 2005

Hi,

On 12/24/05, Serge Matovic <matovics at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody!  What a nice Christmas present:  I got
> even the most difficult apple trailers (Quicktime 7)
> to play perfectly, using the new mplayerplug-in
> (3.17), and the latest mplayer from CVS (051214),
> using Mozilla (1.7.12).
>
> And it all works on both of my computers: Ubuntu and
> Mandriva 2006.
>
> The only slight problem is that video is playing
> slower than the sound (but both are smooth as silk),
> so the sound finishes half way through the movie.  I
> know this is NOT the mplayerplug-in problem, maybe not
> even mplayer's problem. Could just be that my PCs (1.1
> GHz PIII machines) are too slow, or there is something
> else.  I'll have to troubleshoot this.

If you"re trying to decode a 1080i trailler, that's just normal. My
machine (AMD64 2.4GHz) barely decode those babies in real time.

--
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/