[MPlayer-users] Seeking (-ss) not accurate

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 22:41:51 CET 2005

>From: RC
>Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:27:48 -0800
>
>On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:02:23 -0500
>"John Brown" <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could it be that mencoder is confused because the commercials were
> > cut out of the .OGM?
>
>How exactly did you cut the commercials out of the .ogm?

I did not create/modify the .ogm files. I am just assuming that the creator
got
rid of the commercials by whatever means.

> > Can anyone suggest free tools (as in free beer) that I can use to:
> >
> > 1) Split the movies?
> > 2) Split the subtitles?
>
>"ogmsplit -n 1 -t 87.00"

My 1st attempt to compile the source for Win32 failed (apparently could not
build libavi because some S_xxx constant not declared). I have not found
Win32 binaries yet, but I found OGMCutter, which allows me to split OGMs
into chunks at specified time or frame intervals.

Thanks.