[MPlayer-users] any luck playing 1080i content through VGA output to HDTV?

Norman Ramsey nr at eecs.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 19 19:03:45 CET 2005

 > > (Even with deinterlacing filters, 1080i content looks pretty crappy on
 > > my current progressive 1280x1024 display.)
 >
 > Is your system fast enough to do that in realtime without droping
 > many frames?  Are you sure you want to deinterlace rather than using an
 > inverse telecine filter?  Which deinterlacers are you trying?  etc

I'm sure I want to deinterlace (I'm getting live sporting events, not movies).
My system is fast enough provided I use -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc.
Without XvMC I can't display *any* HD content.

Many, many filters don't work with -vo xvmc, so I'm limited to the
-vf pp=xxx family.  I've tried them all; they're all relatively
ineffective; perhaps the current favorite is -vf pp=lb.

Norman