[MPlayer-users] How to fix a RTSP Real Video RIP ?

NeroZero support4fpo at aol.com
Mon Dec 19 07:48:27 CET 2005

Hello List,

I ripped yesterday a 57MB real Video stream with no problem! Today i
wanted to save another one from the same site but the internet
connection broke for some reason and now i am stuck with 41MB!! Compared
to my 1st rip I omitted in the -dumpstream -dumpfile command line a part
of the actual URL of the stream: "?embedded&proto=RTSP" As the file was
downloaded I could no longer watch what already was saved! i got only
its audio signal.. When I restarted the linux box, then both worked
fine?! Was the above the possible reason for it?

back to my main issue: Since it is an real video stream, how can I start
at the right MB position to basically just finish it off. My cache by
default is set to 640bytes? can I improve anyhting by making it bigger?
how big?

How then do I unite both real video files into one again without overlayers?

I reda the html doc pages, but way too many options to digest in order
not to omit in the end any needed parameters in order to make this a
success.

Therefore I request experienced advice on this, thanx!

If you read this way later to my posting date, please email me a copy of
your list reply as well, as I am not planning to stay on it by default..

CU

PS: what about this: wget ftp://micorsops.com/something.avi -O - |
mplayer -cache 8192 - Is wget saver in transmission for capturing a live
video/audio feed than -dumpstream?