[MPlayer-users] any luck playing 1080i content through VGA output to HDTV?

Norman Ramsey nr at eecs.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 19 00:53:22 CET 2005

I'm thinking of buying a high-definition TV with a VGA input
so I can drive it using mplayer from my PC.  It's clear that 720p
content will work just fine, but I'm not quite sure how to play
interlaced 1080i content in true interlaced mode.  (Even with
deinterlacing filters, 1080i content looks pretty crappy on my
current progressive 1280x1024 display.)

Does anybody have any experience playing 1080i content on an HDTV
through the VGA output?

Norman