[MPlayer-users] how I let normal users use pci scan?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Dec 13 03:55:12 CET 2005

Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 13:53 -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> That's because MPlayer still doesn't have permission to read the
>> necessary 'file's
>
> what files ?

The device nodes corresponding to the hardware involved. They aren't
really files, but they look like them for ease of access.

Regardless, as noted, this is something of a false trail. See Dominik's
message about svgalib_helper, and read up on it as best you can.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.