[MPlayer-users] Question on H.264 decoding problems

Srijib Narayan MAITI srijib.maiti at st.com
Mon Dec 12 12:48:07 CET 2005

I am using the version Mplayer-1.0pre7try2. I am unable to decode H.264
stream which is encoded in 'field' mode. Whereas it is able to decode
streams which are encoded in 'frame' mode.
I searched the documentation of both MPlayer as well as FFMpeg but could not
find whether H.264 decoder of libavcodec supports field mode decoding or
not. Also could not find any information about the compatibility of the
H.264 decoder with JM reference decoder.
Can anybody help me please?
Best Regards.
Srijib