[MPlayer-users] How to sharpen the decoded images

R.Ivarson Rivarson at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 20:41:11 CET 2005

Hi,

Before mplayer I've used ffdshow and liked it's sharpen features a lot (I
realize that some parts of the ffdshow filters are the same in mplayer because
  they're OpenSource libs).

Now I'd like to do something similar with mplayer but failed so far. I scanned
mplayer's manpage and found a few references in order to sharpen the picture
(for example -ssf <mode>) but it doesn't do what I would like to.

I confess I'm comfortable with the simple to use GUI interface of the ffdshow
dialogs but not with all those very many command line parameters of mplayer.

Could anybody please point me to the relevant direction please? Thanks.

-ric