[MPlayer-users] postprocessing on avc streams causes blocks?

Alexander Wehr plasmacutter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:04:31 CET 2005

I've been using a weekly build from the CVS tree to play h.264/avc
mkv files on my mac and have run into what i think might be a bug.

i was wandering if i could get any confirmation as to weather this is
a known issue under scrutiny or if i should be reporting it on the
developer list.

anyway.. if i run any mpeg4 files such as divx or xvid with the
postprocessing arguments "-vf pp=default/tmpnoise:1:2:3 -autoq 20"  i
get good post processing.  it'll remove blocks and improve over all
image quality.

if i apply that same flag to h.264/avc streams it causes intermittant
macroblocking along the edges of things on the screen.

is there perhaps a separate post processing filter for use on avc
streams?