[MPlayer-users] How to get mplayer to play the sound from line in

Sterling Sympatico smacnay at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 6 17:29:28 CET 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:03:17PM +0500, Mustafa Abbasi wrote:
> i want to play/record the sound from my tv that is routed via a soundcard
> line. how can i get it to play that.
> i also add that i hear the sound clearly in tvtime .

Hi,

Make sure that the line you have running from your tv grabber card to
your sound card is not muted.  So tv card --> sound card (most likely
line in or mic) - run alsamixer or aumix and "un"mute the line1 or mic
strip.  A simple
key stroke will set these - in alsamixer 'm' mutes/unmutes and in aumix
'space' or 'return' makes it recordable.

Good luck.

Sterling macNay