[MPlayer-users] problem with mplayerplug-in and wmv

nix4me nix4me at cfl.rr.com
Sat Dec 3 19:53:47 CET 2005

Kevin DeKorte wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 13:01 -0500, nix4me wrote:
>

>>Well I think I see what you are talking about.  The files that crash
>>have an extension of wmv.  When I look at the properties of the file
>>however it says the mime type is video/x-ms-asf.
>>

>Nope that sounds right... So couple of questions
>
>What version of mplayerplug-in are you using? If > 3.00 do you see
>multiple mplayerplug-ins (one for MPEG, one for QT, one for Real, one
>for Google Media and one for Windows Media) listed in about:plugins? If
>not then mplayerplug-in is not properly installed.

I have tried 3.05 and 3.11.
I see multiple instances for, google vlc, quicktime, realplayer, windows
media player, mpeg.

  http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbeware/03_Judgement_Day/Judgement_Day.wmv

>What do you mean when you say crash? Does firefox disappear? Or does it
>just not use mplayerplug-in?

It disappears.
Again, if I start Firefox fresh and play that wmv above, it will ask for
which player to use.
If I start firefox and play any mpg file first, then play the wmv
file....firefox disappears.

>Are you using a package provided with your distribution? Ubuntu right?

Yes.  And I have also tried the 3.11 deb for debian.  Same problem.

>Also, have you taken my recommendation and tried mplayerplug-in CVS?

No not yet.