[MPlayer-users] no sound in left and right front speakers

Fredrik Eriksson feffese at yahoo.se
Thu Dec 1 18:59:16 CET 2005

Hello.

I'm not sure if this is a mplayer problem, but I don't really know where
to look...

playing audio and video which has two audio channels works just fine;
the right and left front speakers works perfectly. However, when I try
to play something with 6 channels, I suddenly have no sound in those two
speakers. in all other speakers I have sound, but not in the right and
left front speakers.

just to test I tried to play a mp3 file in 6 channel mode:

mplayer Within\ Temptation\ -\ Ice\ Queen.mp3 -af channels=6:2:0:0:1:1

no sound...

mplayer Within\ Temptation\ -\ Ice\ Queen.mp3 -af
channels=6:5:0:0:0:1:0:2:0:3:0:4

sound in all speakers except front left and right.

I have a Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1, using Emu10k1 (built in
kernel) and alsa output. I'm not sure if this is a mplayer problem, if
it is then it includes pre7 and the cvs. Has anyone else experienced this?

Fredrik