[MPlayer-users] trouble with a52/ac3

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Dec 1 16:15:39 CET 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:07:56 -0800
Ryan Olf <ryan at efrus.com> wrote:

> I have put two samples online, one where I
> experience the errors (though I have not included enough of it that it
> fails  entirely)

It seems very likely to be a simple case of a damaged stream, and not a
bug a mplayer so much as it is not very good at error recovery.

At this point, it looks like your getting a crash because libmpeg2 isn't
handling the errors well (the ac3 errors seem unrelated).

"-vfm ffmpeg" should stop it crashing, and probably show less visual
glitches as well.

I believe the lavf ts demuxer is a bit better than the default, so
"-demuxer 35" (or "-demuxer lavf" for CVS) should also improve the
situation a bit more.

Hopefully, that will solve your problem.