SV: [MPlayer-users] Re: Re: swf flash with mplayer

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Thu Dec 1 11:03:02 CET 2005

I hope this won't be considered off-topic. I've been looking into swf
movie conversion for my bro' who has some advertising material in
compressed swf exe's. They played in wine, but getting to the point of
being able to handle them with Mplayer/Mencoder seemed hopeless.

After about 5 minutes googling I have found (mostly) free utilities for
conversion from exe to swf, decompressing - a gpl/linux utility from
swftools.org, and conversion to avi (also free, but doze. Might work
under wine). My preferred method would have been mencoder, but at-least
I can now use mplayer to play the avi's.

Cheers

Marius