[MPlayer-users] Problem playing asf in Simply Mepis Linux

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Aug 28 00:06:17 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 04:17:40PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> >Could someone please go to
> >http://62.118.252.135/autoradio?MSWMExt=.asf and tell me if they can
> >get this radio station to play? The main url is
> >http://www.avtoradio.ru. I'm running Firefox in Simply Mepis Linux
> >and the mplayer plug-in window comes up and starts buffering. After
> >that nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks! :-)
>
> ...well, when trying to play the URL itself I get "Couldn't resolve name
> for AF_INET6: 62.118.252.135"-type errors, and then an indefinite hang
> with no visible network activity. When I grab the ASF file itself (via
> wget) and look inside, all it contains are two reference URLs - which
> both point to the exact same ASF file I already have. Unless you know of
> someone who's managed to play the stream with some other program, I'd be
> inclined to guess offhand that the stream itself could be considered
> broken.

use mms:// or mmshttp:// instead of http://. Please understand that we
will try real http first when this is specified. WMP does not have this
problem since it does not support plain http streaming. You might ask
the people offering this service kindly to use mms:// instead of http://
(mmshttp:// is MPlayer only, won't work with WMP).
I also had to use -afm dmo for it to play correctly, seem like there are
still some bugs in the ffmpeg wma v2 decoder :-(

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger