[MPlayer-users] Mplayer doesn't compile

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Aug 26 10:00:54 CEST 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:49:29 +0200
Tor Olav Stava <t-ol-sta at online.no> wrote:

> Maybe not the cause of the roubles, but I discovered during my LFS/
> BLFS build that installing the drivers from NVidia will brake the
> build of MPlayer. Reason is that NVidia replaces a few GL header
> files.

Odd...  I use the nvidia drivers, and compile MPlayer with GL
support.  Not one problem as of yet.  Is this a change in very
recent versions of the NVidia driver?

Slightly off the subject, but I find that NVidia's drivers get a bad
wrap, as they end-up being the canary in the coal mine.  If your
hardware is buggy, a failing video driver is usually the first visible
clue... If your Linux system/kernel is poorly configured, the video
driver may be the first program you install which exhibits problems.
etc.