[MPlayer-users] Garbled/distorted video withMPEG-2 transportstreamplayback (DVB)

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Tue Aug 23 09:36:18 CEST 2005

Falck Kenneth wrote:

>Nico Sabbi wrote:
>

>>Falck Kenneth wrote:
>>

>>>When this file is played back with mplayer, the first 5
>>>

>>seconds plays OK
>>

>>>and then the display is garbled. I noticed that there is a change of
>>>resolution involved. The first 5 seconds are:
>>>
>>>VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
>>>VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
>>>Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
>>>VO: [directx] 720x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12
>>>
>>>And after that, the stream changes to:
>>>
>>>VDec: vo config request - 704 x 576 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
>>>VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
>>>Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
>>>VO: [directx] 720x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12
>>>
>>>In fact, if the file is cropped so that the resolution change is
>>>eliminated from the beginning, it plays back fine.
>>>

>>use -vc ffmpeg12 please
>>

>It works! Can this be made the default for MPEG-2 transport streams?

you can't associate a codec to a mux (nonsense), but you can add

vc=ffmpeg12,

to your ~/.mplayer/config to tell mplayer to try to use ffmpeg12 first and
resort to the other codecs if the former fails.

Is it only my impression or libmpeg2 in mplayer is getting more and more
broken over time?

 Sponsor:
 La tua opinione dona 1 Euro al mondo, partecipa anche tu!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3668&d=23-8