[MPlayer-users] mplayer and its gui handle characters set differently in cvs version

Xiaoyang Gu xiaoyang.backup at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 19:32:59 CEST 2005

System info:
Debian sid + Gnome 2.10 
gcc: 4.01

i have checked out cvs source of Aug, 20th. 
My configure options are --enable-gui --languagz=zh_CN
--enable-largefiles --enable-menu. Then make and make install. Mplayer
under terminal works fine, its output messages are right encoding. But
what contained in gmplayer's menu are only icons and some English
characters, and i got such message in terminal, "Pango-WARNING **:
Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()".
If i add an option --charset=utf8, then gmplayer's menu's chinese
characters can be displayed correctly. But mplayer's output messages
become garbage whenever the local is utf-8 or not.

More information about the MPlayer-users mailing list