[MPlayer-users] Bug? strf in audio header

Sven Tantau sven at sven-tantau.de
Tue Aug 16 14:39:56 CEST 2005

Hello.

I spotted an exploitable problem inside mplayer.
Is someone able to reproduce this?
Download 'Animaniacs - Nations of the World.avi' / 6522776 from your
favorite p2p thing. Watch it. :)
Patch offset 0x12B to 0xFF.

Please read the fist version of my advisory and correct me if my
conclusion is wrong.

Advisory: mplayer buffer overflow

Product:          mplayer
Affected Version: current mplayer-1.0_pre7 (tested), mplayer-1.0_pre6-r4
(tested)
OS affected:      Linux 2.4.* (tested), 2.6.*