[MPlayer-users] adding files to mplayer playtree

Vinay Reddy vinayvinay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:54:00 CEST 2005

> The playlist of mplayer would not be inserted/added while running, I think.
> I am writing a Jukebox front-end separated to mplayer. The jukebox needs to
> know the ending of current mplayer playback so that it can start next
> playback. How to know mplayer finish the video playback?
> To detect the ending of mplayer windows instance?
> Or there are some feedback/message happened when mplayer finishes the
> playing?
> Look forward to Vinay Reddy's programs.

Hi, I have finally put my program on the web. It's called pygme
(python gtk media) player. Here's the homepage:
http://pygme.sourceforge.net

Excerpt from the site:
Pygme is an mplayer frontend written in Python/PyGTK. It has been
written with audio and video songs in mind (as opposed to movies). It
has a searchable media library, which can be used to enqueue songs in
a playlist. It also has support for processing ID3 tag information.