[MPlayer-users] BUG: sstep is broken

Hugo González Monteverde hugonz-lists at h-lab.net
Sun Aug 14 02:32:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

I had the same problem, one of the issues may be that your videos are
too short...? Remember you can only seek to a keyframe. I actually have
a box doing batch thumbnailing =) and whenever a video doesn't come out
right I reencode it (automagically of course) with mencoder in order to
have a keyframe every 1 s. This of course makes files huge, but as it is
only for a tempfile from where to get the thumbnails, just works for me.

In any case I have suffered from the same number of problems with it not
detecting EOF, but I simply calculate how many frames I should get and
do  -frames option. I also parse mplayer -identify for knowing the
lenght of the file in seconds.

Hope it gives some insight into your specific application, if not to the
bug itself of course.

Hugo