[MPlayer-users] Change aspect ratio of xvid encoded avi to correct value

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 00:46:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 8/14/05, VJ <vijay.s.gill at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had tried all of the above methods before posting my mail to the
> mailing-list. The files play well if I use mplayer (both linux and
> windows), it is the MediaPlayerClassic and Windows Media Player which
> cause problem.

Then we can't help you. Shoot yourself on the foot and use player
which do not honor the aspect ratio flag, or re-encode your file
properly. Alternatively, you may try to mux your file into a matroska
file, there also setting the aspect ratio properly, and try to see if
MPC displays it correctly.

Guillaume

--
A legend is an old man with a cane known for
what he used to do. I'm still doing it.