[MPlayer-users] can't get rtc to work

Marius Schrecker masch at tiscali.no
Fri Aug 12 19:47:56 CEST 2005

>Apparently there was a problem with HPET on amd64 some time ago. It
>looks like it still hasn't been fixed.
D>isable HPET and build RTC as a module and see
>what happens.

>Martin

Thanks! That looks pretty clear then!

As a stupid off-topic aside that I should already know the answer to:
.... how do I add single modules from a new module rebuild without overwriting
my /lib/modules/<version> directory?... have already put a few extras in
there :)

does a top level make modules_install take care of what's already there
in the same kernel version or should I do some kind of make install at the
individual driver directory level?

Cheers

Marius
Registered Linux user