[MPlayer-users] mplayer position

Alexander Roalter roalter at cs.tum.edu
Tue Aug 9 10:45:47 CEST 2005

Vinay Reddy wrote:
>>>If I have to get the position of mplayer outside of the slave mode,
>>>then how will I know when mplayer is being closed? By the time I get a
>>>IO_HUP signal, mplayer window would have already closed.
>>
>>Well, you could always just parse the last status-line from the mplayer
>>output.
>
> Pardon me, I didn't get you. Could you please elaborate. Mplayer's
> output doesn't give the position of the window. How will it help?

There might be a misunderstanding. Lately, there have been two threads
about how to save mplayer's position for later restarting, one wanting
to save the current play position (say as a bookmark), which could use
the status-line from mplayer, and the other (it's this thread) for
remembering the window position. I first also thought of the first
thread reading the subject, but apparently this is the "mplayer window
position" thread...

cheers,
Alex