[MPlayer-users] Opteron, mencoder, DVD sound

Even Larsen tedpixie at online.no
Sun Aug 7 14:14:15 CEST 2005

Hello

I am using a AMD Opteron server to do some DVD backup work with mencoder.
But I get a problem when I trie to dump the AC3 stream into a MP3
stream. When I rejoin the new mpeg4 encoded film with the new mp3
stream they are out of sync. When I just copy the AC3 stream into
the mpeg4 encoded film without reencoding the AC3 stream there is
no problem. I can't find any function in mencoder to fix this and
are currently using transcode to resync the sound, but this is not
a good solution. For the most part I just copy the AC3 stream. Do
anyone has a similar problem or anyone with a solution to the problem.
I may be using wrong commandlines so here is the lines I use:

Dumping the AC3 -> MP3:

mencoder -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=192
-alang [language] dvd://[track]

Encoding the film 2-pass:

mencoder -oac copy -o /dev/null -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:
vbitrate=[bitrate]:vhq:vpass=1:vqmin=2:vqmax=31 -vop scale=[x:y]
-npp lb dvd://[track]

mencoder -oac copy -o [output] -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=[bitrate]:
vhq:vpass=2:vqmin=2:vqmax=31 -vop scale=[x:y] -npp lb dvd://[track]

When the last pass is out of sync with the movie. I have tried the
last CVS version of mplayer, same problem.

Even