[MPlayer-users] mplayer blips at start of song

Vinay Reddy vinayvinay at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 15:54:07 CEST 2005

> Hi,
> On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 02:55:00PM +0200, ACS wrote:
> > >I managed to upload a part of the problem creating file. It can be
> > >found at www.unc.edu/~vinayb/problem.mp3
> >
> > Using 1.06pre I don't have these blips using mp3lib.
>
> Same for me with latest CVS (at least nothing I could hear).
> Though with my soundcard I sometimes get a blip when the audio device is
> opened (but seems to be independant of audio source and player program).

Initially,  I assumed that the problem was due to my sound-card or due
to the drivers. But then, I didn't get a blip with other programs (eg.
xmms). The blip I get with mplayer varies with files. Some files don't
give a blip at all. The one I uploaded gives the loudest blip (very
painful to the ear).

I stripped the file of all the tags. Didn't make a bit of a difference :-(

Regards,
Vinay