[MPlayer-users] Mplayer, video file with 4 audio channels

et et at lalila.net
Fri Aug 5 07:30:57 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I have a slightly non-standard application of Mplayer.

I have a video file that contains 4 channels of audio. Those 4 channels make
up the 4 components of an ambisonic signal. Ambisonics is like a
semi-vectorial surround sound format which can be decoded to any number of
speakers (unlike 5.1  or most of the commercial surround sound formats).

My question is, can Mplayer play those 4 channels at once?

I would try it myself except I have to have Jack output and Mplayer crashes
with Jack. If Jack was working I could then feed those 4 ambisonic channels
and decode them to my 6 speaker surround arrary.

Also, does Mplayer support LADSPA plugins?

Etienne