[MPlayer-users] Re: BUG - Garbled output playing realaudio

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Aug 4 18:28:00 CEST 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:52:34 +0000 (UTC)
"Neil Sleightholm" <neil at x2systems.com> wrote:

> Sorry to be pushy but has anyone been able to reproduce this or have
> any suggestions of what to do next in order to try and fix this.

No need to appologize, you've been quite patient, and it looks like I'm
the only one looking at this problem...  I've reproduced it, but it's a
bit difficult to track down because of a couple problems.

For one thing, the last couple times I've tried playing from the URL
you gave, I got nothing but silence, so it seems to be offline.  If
you've got a few other URLs, that would help.

The other problem is that -ac racookwin is crashing, on my system at
least.  I'll file a bugreport about that issue, and perhaps it will get
fixed sometime soon.

So, for now, I can't even say if it's a codec or a network issue.  The
fact that the codec doesn't report any problems seems suspicious, but I
can't use the other 'cook' codec to see if anything changes.