[MPlayer-users] what's the difference between these fonts

Konrad Materka crimedog at wp.pl
Fri Apr 29 20:05:27 CEST 2005

Dnia 29-04-2005, pią o godzinie 10:16 +0000, Improving Improving
napisał(a):

> i'm using arial-iso-8859-7 font, but seems this font cannot display
> western characters correctly, for example, é, â, ů......., however, when i
> checked the characters in the font.desc, there's support for western
> characters in arial-iso-8859-7, it just cannot display correctly when
> playing movie, i was wondering if there's any way to make  arial-iso-8859-7
> display western characters correctly.

maybe your subtitle file is encoded in microsoft standard codepage?
In Poland standard is ISO8859-2, but microsoft is uning his own: CP1250
(win-1250) so I have to use hacked fonts which support both codepages.

--
With kindest regards:
Konrad Materka