[MPlayer-users] Bug Report: Crash When Dragging gmplayer Window

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 00:53:12 CEST 2005

Kichigai Mentat wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2005, at 16.22, Holden McGroin wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've been experiencing crashes with gmplayer on Linux when dragging
>> the video window while playing some MPEG videos. This occurs both
>> in release version 1.0pre6-3.4.2 (obtained via RPM from
>> FreshRPMs.net) and in the current CVS (26th April, 2005) which I've
>> compiled on this machine.
>>
>> The fault occurs in MPEG videos (both MPEG-1 and MPEG-2). It
>> doesn't occur with _all_ MPEG videos but it is reproducible for the
>> videos it does occur with. I've tested AVI videos and have not
>> experienced the same problems. The video files I've experienced the
>> crashes with are from multiple sources. The error message gmplayer
>> gives is:
>>
>> "MPlayer Interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video"
>>
>> I've attached details of my system and debugging information
>> below... Thanks very much for reading and thanks for making the
>> best movie player for Linux :-)

<massive snip of output + signature(s))>

> I hate to say it, but it sounds like you just have a weird video.
> Like it was encoded funny or something.

Did you really need to quote so much just to say that? You've been doing
the same thing, less egregiously because there was less there to begin
with, in your other replies; please, learn to snip. (Snipping out
signatures, at the very least, should be a virtually automatic habit
except when you're actually responding to one.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.