[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and /dev/video

_null_ _null_ _null_ at mail.ru
Wed Apr 27 17:06:58 CEST 2005

Hi,
I use Hauppauge WinTv PVR-350. It outputs MPEG-2 encoded video stream. The only way to watch it from Linux is `cat /dev/video0 > file.mpg` or `mplayer /dev/video0`. Mplayer is just great and it works!
I modified Mplayer to show the movie and then save it to file. But when I press 'pause', Mplayer buffers stream and when I continue playing Mplayer shows (and writes to file) buffered content. I need Mplayer doesn't buffer the stream and just skip buffering all the stream while paused.

Please, help to solve or at least show me the way to do that!
Thanks!