[MPlayer-users] Indeo codecs and x86_64

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Apr 26 18:42:31 CEST 2005

On Tuesday, 26 April 2005 at 16:06, Tony Bloomfield wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 April 2005 14:48, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > > sort of problem it encounters. I think the problem here is caused by
> > > trying to load a 32-bit shared object file from a 64-bit app.
> >
> > You are correct.
>
> Thanks for that confirmation.
>
> > > So can anyone tell me where I might find either a 64-bit version of these
> > > .xa files, or instructions to build them on such a system?
> >
> > There are two options:
> > - get 64bit Indeo codecs
> > - use 32bit MPlayer
>
> 1. Are there 64-bit codecs?

Not that I know of, but since MS has just released a 64-bit version of Windows,
they might appear. Even so, I've lied a bit. MPlayer doesn't support loading
64bit binary codecs, but I'm sure somebody'll try to add support for them when
they appear.

> I looked at the Indeo site and they only seemed to
> offer a WinXP package (presumably 32-bit). And if I could get them, how do I
> build them into a shared object file, with presumably some sort of interface
> code to enable them to be called by mplayer.

The necessary (and tested) DLLs are included in the essential codecs package.
It's 32-bit only for now.

> 2. Tried 32-bit mplayer; unfortunately many of the other libs it uses are
> 64-bit on my system, same problem as the vice-versa situation.

It wasn't 32-bit, then. To build 32-bit mplayer, you must install 32-bit
counterparts of all necessary libs and point configure to correct paths
(if necessary). If it's a multi-lib system, like Gentoo or Fedora Core 3,
you should be able to do that.

Regards,
R.