[MPlayer-users] mplayer hangs on imac thin client K12LTSP

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Apr 26 16:07:38 CEST 2005

Hi,
> I have put together a K12LTSP (4.2.1) server for the local city library to
> use. New to K12LTSP 4.2.1 is the possibility to boot an imac over the
> network and run linux apps using the imac as a thin client. I have
> everything working including sound through esd...with one
> exception..mplayer. It hangs like the below mplayer -v output when I try

The cause usually tends to be esd, because it blocks the audio device
/though that doesn't fit the rest of your description).
Did you try -ao esd? Or even killall esd before starting MPlayer?
Also for some reason the ffwmav2 decoder has some weird side-effects -
unfortunately you won't be able to use the binary decoder on the imac,
so had to test this... Maybe try -ac null
If that doesn't help, provide us a gdb backtrace (description should be
in bugreports.html, just that you provoke a "crash" at the place where
it hangs by pressing CTRL+C).
Otherwise a mplayer -v -v (or even more -v) log might help, but that
will be quite big :-(

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger