[MPlayer-users] issue playing xvid file on xbox and mplayer

Andy Barr ajbarr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 05:00:00 CEST 2005

On 4/15/05, Andy Barr <ajbarr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Something's broken here. MPlayer CVS should have a timestamp in the
> > > version string.
> > >
> > > Try with -nosound and see if it changes anything.
> > >
> > Using -nosound gets rid of the stutter.  Is there another way to
> > figure out the mplayer version?
> I just updated my mplayer.  I had version 20050402-0.0 and updated to
> 20050409-0.0.  I still get the stutter but I now also get a message
> about my system being to too SLOW to play this file.  It mentions some
> things to try to help with the speed.  I will try some of them but if
> anyone has other suggestions let me know.
> Thanks,
> Andy

I tried all the options suggested by the messages about my system
being slow and the sound still stutters.  If anyone has another
suggestion please let me know.

I have some files I video files that work fine and others that don't.
Is there a program to use to figure out what exactly what type of avi
file I am trying to play?  I figure I could compare the files that
work and the ones that don't and try to understand why they don't
work.
Thanks for the help,
Andy