[MPlayer-users] pcm stream in mov and mp4 files

Baptiste COUDURIER coudur_b at epita.fr
Tue Apr 19 21:45:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

I generated two files : a .mp4 file and .mov file, with ffmpeg latest
cvs. My source is a .mpg file which contains :

 Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, 720x608, 25.00 fps, 11386 kb/s
 Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 384 kb/s

The command line i typed was :

ffmpeg -i <file>.mpg -vcodec xvid -acodec pcm_s16le <file>.mov
or <file>.mp4 for output filename.

The detected sound stream in mplayer is :

MOV track #1: 1012 chunks, 0 samples
Audio bits: 16  chans: 2  rate: 48000
Fourcc: sowt

mplayer opens both files and plays the video correctly but unfortunately
the sound is not played the way it should, i just hear some noise.
The sound is played correctly in quicktime player, vlc and ffplay.

I was wondering what was the issue and i just ask for help from others
or i hope this mail can be taken as a bug report for pcm stream in .mp4
or .mov files in mplayer.

If you need more explanations, feel free to ask.
I hope it will be helping.

Best regards,

--
Baptiste Coudurier                              GnuPG Key Id: 0x5C1ABAAA
checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no