[MPlayer-users] Stream fails with MPlayer 1.0-pre7

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Tue Apr 19 01:25:18 CEST 2005

This stream plays properly with a player that uses the Realplayer
version 8.0 libraries:

pnm://audio1.wksu.org:7070/encoder/wksu.rm

But when Mplayer 1.0-pre7 attempts it, here is what I get:

Connected to server: audio1.wksu.org
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    input_pnm: got message from server while
reading stream:
You need to obtain a new player to play this clip. Please point your web
browser to http://www.real.com and download the latest RealOne Player
from RealNetworks. Once you have installed it you should try this clip
again.
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)

I gather the stream knows who is trying to access it and objects to
non-Realplayer clients. If so, that sucks.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)
"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson