[MPlayer-users] xv overlay dies with nVidia card

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Apr 16 07:25:41 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 03:48:58PM -0700, RC wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 03:52:59 -0400
> Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > > And buying old used (eg Matrox) cards on eBay doesn't count.
> >
> > why? it's nonsense not to count something that's by far the best
> > choice.
>
> eBay is 90% scams,

no, it's less than 1% scams, especially with totally non-lucrative
items. no one sells a g400 trying to scam people. if you want to scam
people you claim to be selling whatever the newest nvidia crap all the
gamer kiddies want is..

> and buying old PC hardware from random people who
> more than likely handled it poorly, is just asking for problems.

huh?? one of these cards either works or it doesn't. it's really not a
matter of wear.

> I've gone that route before, but it's a crapshoot, so I quit playing
> that game.

i would never buy that sort of hardware anywhere else, it's
irresponsible. why buy new stuff and fuel the endless manufacture of
crap that people don't need (and the throwing away of perfectly good
stuff) when you can get better items used??

rich