[MPlayer-users] My first try to play HDTV demos ...

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Apr 14 13:22:03 CEST 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:15:41 +0200 (CEST)
Rainer Hantsch <office at hantsch.co.at> wrote:

> Can someone tell me what I actually must do to get this working? Is it
> a missing codec or must I pass some special options to mplayer? Of
> course, it is also possible that mplayer is too old, but when I read
> about all this difficulties with the latest ones, I am a little bit
> afraid to upgrade. ;-)

0.90pre8 is VERY, VERY old.

Download the newest codec/dll pack, and source/RPM for mplayer.  1.0pre6
is rather stable.  I only have a few patches I apply against it (odml
fix, toolame-mono fix, new mpeg muxer) and I haven't had any problems in
quite some time using it.  This is comming from someone who somehow
always manages to run-in to mplayer/mencoder bugs...