[MPlayer-users] audio - video synchronization

Sebastian Krämer spambouncer at skraemer.de
Tue Apr 12 23:49:34 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 23:05, CrimeDog wrote:
> Dnia 12-04-2005, wto o godzinie 22:28 +0200, Sebastian Krämer
>
> napisał(a):
> > >
> > > yep. but this is exactly when i need them: i want to hear kadu [1]
> > > rings while watching movie fullscreen.
> >
> > Use alsa's dmix and you won't have to mind arts/dmix issues again..
>
> I have alsa dmix, but this is not as good as it should.

Yes, I also suffered pain to get it working :(
I'm a real fan of linux and I'd never switch back from my beloved gentoo,
but.. your point stands, windows makes many things 'just work'. (off topic:
At last this is also because good drivers and support are driven for win,
while oss people have to figure out a way to make things work themselfs :-/ )

I don't know what hardware you're using, but I guess - as many people suffer
from it - there may be explicit help for your sound chip/card. Make dmix
work, it's worth the effort!

Sebastian
(who has used -ao arts at most twice before he got cracy from sync issues..)