[MPlayer-users] How to set volume from cmdline?

Rainer Hantsch office at hantsch.co.at
Thu Apr 7 08:53:10 CEST 2005

Hi!

Thanks a lot for pointing me to some URLs with radio stations. Works really
great and I found meanwhile some good stations.

But there is a little problem:  The player is too loud.

When I use kmix to set the level for pcm to a lower value, everything is more
silent; but I would like to reduce only the noise level of mplayer to approx.
50%.
I searched "man mplayer", but nothing seems to work from there.

Can someone, please, tell me which option I shall use? (My system is running
ALSA and my mplayer is a little bit old.)

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch