[MPlayer-users] Mplayer ffwd, bug?

Sebastian Krämer spambouncer at skraemer.de
Wed Apr 6 17:26:34 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 11:01, vs wrote:
> vs wrote:
> > Hi
> > I have installed mplayer-nugui v. 1.0pre6-3.3.5 (compiled for debian).
> > When i watch a somemovie.avi, suddenly "ffwd" gets on  by itself. This
> > happen several times with different movies... Is this bug or do i
> > something wrong?

Not sure if this is really a bug.. I had xmms controlled by infrared control
and then, sometimes, I saw the xosd active and the volume changed a little. I
presume some other infrared signal hit my IR receiver.. ? I never had this
problem with mplayer though..
Guess you can check that (if you're using lirc for mplayer at all) by opening
a console and executing "irw" which lists all incoming signals that are
recognized..

> hmmmm Noo one ever had a same problem... Ill try some other version.
Try cvs, that's never a bad thing ;) Official mplayer releases are quite
seldom and afaik a lot of improvements have been made since.

Sebastian