[MPlayer-users] audio static

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Apr 5 04:45:14 CEST 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 02:44:03 +1000
James Mills <prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:

> WHen capturing from my tv card with mencoder, I get some static in the audio output.

I had a similar problem when trying to record audio using my onboard sound.  The simpliest solution is to buy a regular soundcard.  Even a cheap basic one should do fine.

Alternatively, if you are currently using OSS, you might want to try the ALSA drivers, and vise versa...  You might have better results that way.

> I don't normally get this static when using programs like xawtv...

That's because xawtv doesn't capture audio at all, it just turns on your TV-tuner, and allows your soundcard to pass the sound through to your speakers.  It's very different when capturing audio.