[MPlayer-users] rdf chunk not recognized

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Sep 23 14:38:35 CEST 2004

tkondziola at o2.pl wrote:

> Hello folks!
> Could somebody tell me what's going on with my MPlayer? When I want
> to play real stream from my server I received following error:
> rdt chunk not recognized: got 0x4f
> rdt chunk not recognized: got 0x2a
> Core dumped ;)
>
> PS. I found similar question on mplayer-users list but without any
> informations or solutions, so I try again ask a this question.

By the last line of the output, this looks like you're actually trying
to not play the stream but to download it for local use - i.e., with the
-dumpstream option. When that option completes successfully, it prints
the message "Core dumped ;)" and exits; if you look, you should find
either a file named stream.dump or one with whatever name you gave in
the -dumpfile option, and this file should contain the stream you tried
to play. The line looks like an error message, but it isn't.

It is possible that the file might be unplayable (corrupted), because of
the unrecognized chunks during download, but it seems rather unlikely
and the only way to find out is to try to play it back.

(Looks like that's five this year with the complaint...)

--
       The Wanderer, short on sleep and with a job interview soon

side of it.