[MPlayer-users] DVD ID_LENGHT (lenght in seconds) is uncorrect

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Sep 22 22:28:05 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, 22 September 2004 at 13:42, JiHO wrote:
[...]
> first: i've encoutered problems with the plf packages of mplayer. maybe
> you should use the official RPMs, or better, compile the beast yourself.

Unfortunately, there are no official RPMs for Mandrake (I don't have
a Mandrake box at hand).

> second: i've noticed the problem that you report. mplayer's OSD gives
> also bad time information with DVD. I cannot help you to solve this but
> I can advise use to use "lsdvd" in your scripts. i displays correctly
> the lenths of DVD tracks. you'll have to do some little math to convert
> it to seconds but it's quite easy.

It won't be fixed in MPlayer in reasonable time, most probably. AFAIR OSD
displays current PTS, which is read from MPEG headers. So if they're
wrong, it'll be incorrect, too. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/