[MPlayer-users] Help needed for using mplayer with freevo

Sebastian Kaps seb at toyland.sauerland.de
Tue Sep 21 20:00:55 CEST 2004

Hi!

I'm planning to get mplayer to work with freevo[1] on my system.
I'm forced to use the x11 vo driver.

I need mplayer to play videos in a 1024x768 pixel sized window in the
upper left corner of my screen (my desktop is 1600x1200 and the tv out
shows it as a virtual desktop with a real resolution of 1024x768).
Ideally video should be shrinked horizontally by a factor 0.75, allowing
me to use the 16:9 mode of my tv.

I've been trying out command line switches for more than an hour, but I
can't get mplayer to do what I want.

Can anyone help me?

Footnotes:
[1] http://freevo.sourceforge.net/