[MPlayer-users] Re: Compile failed on 'incompatible pointer, type' !

Adam Felix Bogacki afb at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 19 04:11:11 CEST 2004

Apologies Reimar (& readers) ...  after two more attempts in which I
threw in all
the updated codecs I could find on the site I have managed to get
most mplayer functions working, although I still keep getting the error
message on 'incompatible pointer type' (whatever that means).

The thing which stumps me now is that 'mplayer dvd://1'  cranks up the
dvd player, the screen shows the first frame, and then dies.

Any ideas ? I changed from deb to CVS partly to get the dvd working
correctly.

I enjoy the open and sometimes robust debate on this list.

Cheers,

Adam Bogacki,
afb at paradise.net.nz