[MPlayer-users] Does mplayer support DxVA?

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Fri Sep 17 20:40:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

This is similar to the question I asked yesterday about
support for h/w MPEG decoding.

I have been trying to find more information and found that
some video cards support DxVA (DirectX Video Acceleration)
that can help in video decoding. From what I have read, this
is a pretty standard interface (i.e. it is not specific to
any device) and supported by multiple video cards. And it
helps in DVD playback too.

If I have a video card that supports this, can mplayer use
this functionality and offload the video decoding to the
video card?

Thanks,
Harshal