[MPlayer-users] flickering artifacts

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Sep 17 20:06:26 CEST 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:16:47 -0700 (PDT)
Wu-Kung Sun <sunwukung1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The image size turned out to be 480x274 instead of 640xnnn.

The command-line you used can't be the one you listed.  Clearly, in the
one you must have used, something was different.  Likely some invalid
option that disabled the rest of the command-line after it.

> And the flickering at the bottom (sample attached).

Well, I'm pretty sure it's not flickering at all...  It's a case
of partial macroblocks causing "worms", because your dimentions
aren't multiples of 16.

A good way to find crop parameters is: mplayer-vf
scale=640:-2,cropdetect=24:16

That will automatically round-off your output dimentions to be a
mulitple of 16.  (And then, in your mencoder command-line, make sure you
list scale= before crop=)