[MPlayer-users] ogg

Ulrich Schweitzer us- at gmx.de
Sun Sep 12 20:53:51 CEST 2004

On Sunday 12 September 2004 20:03, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> .ogm is a very bad format. .mkv, maybe, and .nut,
> definitely. you should use one of them instead. (but you need to wait
> a little longer for the finalized nut).

I just read a little bit about .nut and its development goals and I
decided that all this is way over my head. So you shouldn't try to
explain to me, why .ogm is bad, I probably wouldn't understand it
anyways. Instead I'll just take your word for it.
I'll be happy when I don't have to use .avi any more and will take
whatever you mplayer guys deem to be worth supporting.

And while I'm at it:
To Everybody developing MPlayer: Thank you very much for your great work.
Your efforts make Linux a more complete OS and made it possible for me to
move completely away from Windows (and I'll always be grateful for that).

Ulrich
--
PGP key ID: 0xDF6FC4FA

"A mouse is a device used to select the xterm you want to type in."
Author unknown